Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Estranged Wife , Ranjana

I was a usual sentimental type, from my Initial Childhood! I grew up , under the influence of my Maternal Grandfather Late Jitendra Nath Sanyal, The Great Indian Revolutionary, a living saint!Incidently, I found his name in the lineage of Yogi Sri Lahiri Mohashaya, The Great Kriya Yogi..

I was a average student, but a serious medical student. I finished my MBBS, thereafter, i did my house job at The Railway Hospital, Gorakhpur, as I could not get House Job in my College, in Surgery.

I joined , The Surgical Department of BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur, in 1983, as Jr Resident, thereafter in the next years time, I got the job of Registar in Surgery, in the final year of MS Surgery. There I met a Serious looking type of a girl, Ranjana, who did not have a father, brought , like me in her maternal grand parents home, grand father , who was taking care of her, was a businessman, who had passed away recently, leaving her , under the care of her Illeterate grand mother, i was carried away towards her, probably, by her being a person without any one to look after, rather a person in need of some one.

Finally, after , about 1 1/2 years , of routine courtship, we decieded to get married. I with great difficulty, could write a post card to my mother, informing about our decision of getting married. My younger brother, Animesh was sent by my parents to make me readjust myself and get a decision of not marrying me as it would be a Intercaste marriage, but I was adamant, finally, after my Paternal Grandmother , agreed , we married on 31st May 1984. My family, came from Ranchi & Jamshedpur to Gorakhpur and the Wedding was Solemnised!

Time passed in fast forwards, I had a taste of living in heaven, although the initial shortcommings, to start a family and the work load and the stress of having less money, was here, but we were together very happy.

I then decieded, that Ranjana would go for Gynaecology in the MS, as I thought, she would have a good practice and together, we would have a ? Successful practice and would earn enough for us to be happy. Ranjana was in the 2nd year of MS Gynaecology, when our Elder son , now named Arjun was born. Some how, our and her friends helped us in getting the deliveries and subsequent care. My friend Dr Awasthi and Bhabhiji and Rashmi & Pratima , both class fellows of Ranjana helped in many ways.

After 3 weeks , with load from The Post Graduate studies and being we alone, we decieded, to leave Arjun, with the care of my parents and sisters, at Ranchi. We somehow, took the young Arjun to his grand parents at Ranchi, and with a heavy heart we had to leave the new born under the care of his grandparents.

We , after comming back, became very busy, with a very heavy schedule. My MS Surgery was over and to earn money i found a job , with The Coal India limited, a GOI Company, to be posted at CHN Naisarai, with lots of professional interferences , was transferred to CHN Gandhinagar, the headquaters.I was better at Ranchi, but was not satisfied professionally, as the work was not like a medical college, work and i needed work. I had become a workholic! I suddenly, left the job, although the money was excellent, but I found myself at a Private Hospital, Aliya General Hospital, at Mau Nath Bhanjan.

I would sometimes visit and go to gorakhpur, to see my wife, but would be teased by her as to why had i come and i would go back to mau, feeling hurt, to again return back after about a month again!

I could not fit myself at The Hospital and left , as usual , like i left my previous job, to come back , all unnoticed back to Gorakhpur! I had no money, no plans and Ranjana was in her final stages of her MS Gynae, but i was there!!

My senior, Dr DK Srivastava, Funda Boss, who was working with the SPM Department in The BRD Medical College, helped me , he could find a place for me to stay and start a practice at Alinagar ,Mohalla, of gorakhpur.

to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Are you relative of Panu sanyal.Shachinfra nath sanyal.son of revolutionary Fanindra nath sanyal

    ReplyDelete